Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Meh of Duty:Mehs vs BattleMeh 4

Call of Duty:Ghosts is a mechanical retread of previous COD entries, but it has a dog. Launched simultaneously on current and next gen platforms the aged engine is showing it's seams especially in comparison to Battlefield 4 on next gen.

COD is COD once again, with slight tweaks to the perks and rewards system. Mechanically it is still a functional divider of those who run and die and those who run and shoot. I was most successfully using only a knife during my time online on PS4. MP graphics are startlingly poor on next gen and extremely disappointing. Perhaps this is the rose that loses the bloom.


Battlefield 4 is a broken mess across all systems. I played the campaign until my save was destroyed by the game itself and then realized I didn't care enough to start over. The graphics are gorgeous on PS4 and as close to PC as consoles will get.

Specular lighting, ambient occlusions and massive particle effects make BF4 a treat for the eyes,even in multiplayer.

When I was able to find a game, it was a functional divider of those who run and die and those who run and find cover and die. I found the most success using a sniper rifle and camping.

I have fundamentally lost interest in this type of  FPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment